8.23.2016

Lingerie Sewing


I have been on a lingerie making tear these days!  
There are some wonderful pieces on Instagram and had to give it a try.

In design school, I sewed almost everything - jeans, tailored jackets, ski jackets - but had never tried sewing Lingerie.  

I am Hooked!!!! Lingerie is surprisingly easy to sew.  All you need is a sewing machine with a zig zag stitch, a stretch needle and polyester thread or polyester blend thread.

This set is made from a Girl Charlee Bolt Fabric I found at my local fabric store.  They have some bargain lots on their site HERE.  I only needed 1/2 yard for both the bra and undies.
The bra is self fabric lined.



The Bra pattern is the Watson bra from Cloth Habit and the fit it perfect! 
The undies are Butterick B6031.

More Girl Charlee Cotton Spandex prints are on order so I can make more : )

The laces and elastic trims were found at my local fabric shop.  
You can also find supplies on Etsy and The Tailor Made Shop


This fun lounge set is my second lingerie making project.
The bralette is the Florence bra from Seamwork Magazine.

The Tap Pants are the Alice Flutter Knickers from Ohhh Lulu on Etsy.

This is another Girl Charlee fabric in a super soft rayon spandex jersey, which
is perfect for this lounge set.

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!