8.20.2015

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt ~ Quilt Along



A few years ago I was introduced to the online sewing / quilting world on Flickr.  The first group I joined was the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along which was a quilt along sewing blocks from the book "Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt".  The book includes 6" blocks and letters from farmer's wives from the 1920's.  You can see my first blog post about joining the Quilt Along [HERE] way back in 2011!
Since then I have met so many wonderful people and have enjoyed this online community so much!


The author of the book, Laurie Aaron Hird has written another book.  Same premise but with letters from farm women of the Great Depression.  This book also had paper pieced patterns included!  I think that is wonderful and makes sewing the blocks much easier. The blocks are small so paper piecing is a great way to put the blocks together. 

There are two quilt alongs scheduled to start in September.
Kerry from VeryKerryBerry is hosting a quilt along.
You can find details for the quilt along with Kerry [HERE]
I will be one of the guest bloggers and have signed up to make and share a block every other month.

Gnome Angel will be hosting a quilt along using Marti Mitchell templates.  You can find info for the quilt along [HERE]


The blocks pictured above are from the first quilt along.  I am excited to add blocks from the new book and finish this quilt : ) 


I hope you will join in!

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise

5 comments:

  1. Your use of color makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks from your first quilt along! :-) so very fresh and fun! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be great fun to join in on. I have put the button on my sidebar and I will order the book right away. I am not sure if I should be doing this but will give it a good try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that book at a thrift store a few months ago. Maybe I'll pull it out one day (when I don't have 30 projects already started). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!