3.11.2014

"In the Studio" ~ My Featherweight


[My Featherweight Fabrics: Sewing machine Blue Bow ~ 30's collection by Atsuko Matsuyama, Text Fabric on sewing machine ~ Suzuko Koseki, Pink thread fabric ~ Riley Blake Apple of my Eye, Background Fabric ~ Riley Blake Little Red Riding Hood by Tasha Noel, Red Tablecloth check ~ Flower Sugar by Lecien]


When Erin posted her theme for the Round 2 of the Cocorico paper piecing bee on Flickr,  I was thrilled.  She asked for paper pieced sewing machines.  Well it just so happens.....I designed a Singer Featherweight block almost a year ago. I was so happy to finally have a reason to put the sewing of this pattern at the top of my "to do" list!

I purchased my White 1964 machine for my birthday a few years back.  It is my go to machine for piecing and pretty much everything else I sew.  It is a sturdy little work horse and also so pretty to look at!

The Featherweight pattern is available in my Etsy and Craftsy shops!

Have a lovely day!
xo
Charise

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The block is beautiful Charise! I love it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute!! I bought a featherweight a few weeks ago from an auction and just tried her out for the first time tonight….heaven! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a white Featherweight too! Mine is a 1961 and she is so sweet to sew on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm in love with this blog with a sewing machine!! Perfect colours and the machine has just a perfect shape! Ohh when I will have time to try out paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I thought at first it was a sewing machine cover...but a wall hanging it cute too...but.. I just made covers for my machines and once things settle down for me with things I HAVE to do, I am going to buy your pattern and adjust it for a new machine cover! To cute to have that in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper piecing continues to amaze me. I LOVE your Featherweight block! I have only made one one paper pieced block ever, though, and it was a simple star. I'm guessing that your intricate patterns require a good bit of skill and experience to execute. Which of your patterns would you recommend for someone just starting out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I am dying over this block. Love your fabric selection, too. And the machine! I have been craving a 1964 white/celery machine for a few years! And just this past weekend a flea market dealer refused to sell me a perfect black Featherweight...he got cold feet. Ok, I'm heading over to the Etsy link now to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful block!! And, love your white one, too! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!