4.20.2013

Cream and Sugar



For those of you who read my post yesterday, I think it paid off.  I shared a list in photos of some unfinished projects and it prompted me to get one done!  My "In the Kitchen ~ Creamer and Sugar Bowl" Pattern is complete!  It is the perfect companion to the "Strawberries in a Bowl" Pattern!




I use some of my favorite fabrics for this block.  The aqua creamer print is from Moda's Glamping.  The plaid is an older print from my stash.



The body of the sugar bowl is from Alexander Henry's Farmdale and the fussy cut "France 1952" text print is from Suzuko Koseki. The tablecloth fabric is an older print from Windham - "Country Lane".



On a family note, my youngest celebrated his 6th birthday on Thursday.  He is growing up so fast.
Even his presents were more grown up!  Less toys this year.......and he got a Kindle - I don't even have one!! : )

xo
Charise

5 comments:

  1. Happy 6th Birthday!!! Lol, yes, the kids seem to experience all the updated technology first. The good thing about that is mine have willingly guided me when I caught up with them, lol.
    These designs are just gorgeous...just love your fabric!!! I want to fly over and meet you for a shopping spree!!!!!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern Charise! And Happy Birthday to your little one-he looks pretty happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charise ~ you make such lovely patterns and your fabric choices are lovely too!
    Happy Birthday to your youngest ~ they do grow up way too fast ~ mine will be 29 on Tuesday ~ where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patterns are so lovely! Happy birthday to your youngest boy - his smile is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your little one, not so little as he once was. My boys love their kindles, too -- and I love how easy it is for them to highlight an unfamiliar word and instantly pull up the dictionary definition. Otherwise they would never stop in the middle of an exciting book to go get a dictionary; they'd just skip the word they didn't know and keep reading!

    As always, your patterns are divine and your fabrics are just perfect. I'm beginning to understand that one needs to shop for fabric keeping in mind what you want to DO with it. In the beginning, I would buy all the big, bold, splashy prints and then I had no solids or blenders to use with them. I can see that when you're fabric shopping, you're selecting fabrics that suggest china patterns, or fabrics with interesting text or small details for your fussy-cutting. I'll bet we could all learn a lot from you if we could tag along behind you and take notes while you were fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!