2.04.2012

Apple and Pear and Paper Piecing Tutes

So I'm off to a pretty good start this month!  I just finished potholders for the potholder swap.  The apple is a free tute on my blog.  I'll also put the pear pattern and tute on my blog soon.  This one has "Y" seams but they are pretty easy once you get the hang of it.





My interest in quilting has been a life long one but I just actually started about a year ago.  I found my passion in paper piecing!  It was challenging at the start and still is, but with practice and reading some tutorials, you can master it, too.
Kerry at VeryKerryBerry has a list of tutorials.  Her tutes are wonderful and I highly recommend reading them before starting you project.  You can find them here.
Kerry is teaching paper piecing methods at the Fat Quarterly Retreat in London in June.  I wish I could be there!!

Have a wonderful Weekend! 

6 comments:

  1. Such a lucky person who ends up with these- soft pastel vintage feel to both and the borders and corners are perfect. And thankyou for the surprise shout out- you are so kind x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as usual -- and once again, you have made excellent use of really cool fabrics for the borders. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, you really use fabrics so well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the potholders! Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!