1.01.2010

La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum

One of our holiday traditions is going to Deception Pass the day after Christmas. We usually go to La Conner for a bite to eat. It is a wonderful little town with antique stores and a great restaurant. We were driving around and I saw a sign for the La Conner quilt museum. Oh what a find. Their permanent collection features works from Josie Teeter Schlotterback (1882 - 1974). Josie was a professional seamstress who graduated from the June Tailor School in 1901! Her family left her collection of amazing quilts, quilt blocks and quilt pieces to the museum. The exhibit also included unfinished blocks, patterns and other memorabilia.
I've started making one of these. I'm sure it will be a life long project.
Josie hand stitched the entire quilt together and it is hand quilted. Amazing!





I love the use of tiny scraps on this quilt.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!